Monday, June 22, 2009

Frozen nectarines.

Air conditioning was my foe. I, like my father, would revel in juicy days. Laying on the couch, drinking ice cold beverages, enjoying everything Minnesota had to offer. When it got really bad, I'd just head to the bookstore. And then I had children. Now, central air and I are bedfellows (did I use that word right? I've always wanted to fit it into conversation.)

Yesterday the air was a sticky ucky mess. So, we cranked up the AC. So much, in fact, that our house became an air conditioner overnight. Ana insisted on wearing a sweater and pants this morning. Even as the temp was reaching 80 already at 9am.

One of the best things about this summer is introducing Ana to all the yummy summer fruits that she doesn't remember having last summer. Today, after her nap, I enticed her with a nectarine. She took one bite and gave me a big smile.

"what's this momma?" she asked.
"It's a nectarine," I replied. "Can you say nectarine?"
"No," she admitted. "That's too hard."

Well, at least she's honest.
And now, I have to wipe all the nectarine juice off my keyboard.

No comments: