Monday, December 7, 2009

Alright. Who was the one who prayed for a cold and snowy December? I'm not happy with you. Ana may be, but that is beside the point.

Last week I was still cutting parsley, cilantro, and the few leaves of bok choy that survived the tiller. This week, I'm not even planning on going outside except to get wood for the fire. I should say that I wasn't done eating fresh greens yet. Faced with pot pies, beef stews and all things comfort food, I generally take on a grim face and muscle through until March. But really, it's only the beginning of December! This is gonna take a lot of muscle, and I've lost a lot of that since Ana was born (except in the arms of course). I may have to buy my greens at the (gasp) grocery store.

In other news, I really do have the best husband in the world. The last couple of weeks it has slowly been dawning on me that unless something changes in my attitude (or that of Ana), someone may have an untimely death (and it probably won't be Ana). So, in the interest of eveyone in the family, Dan has gathered his manly strength and has offered to dress, feed and entertain the children for the first hour of the day, before he goes to work, so I can have some much needed peace and quiet. Am I the luckiest or what?

Hope everyone is having a holy Lent and a warm house!

4 comments:

Tina said...

In order to give my hubby the credit he deserves, my dearest also wakes with the chitlens to give me a little extra snooze time. We are certainly blessed mommies, aren't we, Joyous?! Otherwise the steam would be coming out of my ears constantly as well! Great teamwork!!

80's Music Rulez said...

Yikes, Lent already? I'm bummed I missed Christmas. :(

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go, Dan! You truly are blessed, Joy!!

Ana Wambeke said...

Ha ha! You're right Mike! I hope everyone has a holy ADVENT! You know, the other season of penance and reconciliation. : )