Monday, February 1, 2010

Joy's Rambley Post

Tonight turned out to be a sort of girls night out. My friend Teresa and I were lucky enough to talk my in-laws into watching Ana and Toby, and Teresa's two little ones who are roughly the same age as ours.

After we ditched the children and trotted of to a retirement community (!) where my friend Tim Drake was giving a talk on his conversion to Catholicism. What fun!

I got to know Tim before Ana was born and I was able to write much more. Ah, the good old days, when i had time to write a sentence, have fun with it, and really make it sing before calling it good. I miss that time of life, but this one is just so much better. I think when I get to being able to write again like I used to, I'll weep with nostolgia over the days I'm living now.

Anyhow, this is getting really rambley. Can you tell I'm counting the minutes until Toby wakes up for a nurse?

Well, anyway, Teresa and I had a great time, short as it was. I am learning what a small community Marshall really is. I mean, I've only lived here for three years, but I knew half the people in the room (and it was a big room!) either by sight or by name.

In other news, our main computer is in the midst of a mid-life crisis and won't work for us. So, all our pictures are in limbo, which is why I haven't posted any. You'll know when it's working again when I can put a few on here.

Wait! Here's one! But you'll have to follow this link.
Ana really needs some lambs of her own. Don't you think?

5 comments:

Mary said...

Those pictures are ever so cute!

Mr. Dad said...

"mid-life crisis" is an understatement for our computer. At this point it needs a defribullator.....

mmc said...

I hope you can get your data off the computer and don't lose anything! Egads!!!

Our three-year-old laptop died a month ago but thankfully we got some warning it wasn't long for the world. I highly recommend a laptop and multiple external hard-drives.

Mr. Dad said...

Everything important is backed up daily on an external drive, so we're good to go there. Problem with the dang thing is that it's caught in a loop where everytime it boots it runs chkdsk because it sees errors in the file system. It fixes them but then the next go around there are more. I stuck in a new HD, installled windows from scratch, and it got caught in the same cycle right away again. So I'm like, "what the...???"

I'm starting to wish I hadn't built it myself from scratch. I can't call some hotline in India for help....

Mary said...

Joy, it's been far too long since your last post. Sedate the children, and get to work!