Friday, February 29, 2008

The Winding Road.

Around these here parts, I hear there is growing animosity towards the woman, Alianiss Morales, who crashed into the bus in Cottonwood last week, killing four children. Understandably, many are upset by her choices that led to the awful accident. Unfortunately, many aren't willing to forgive, and some are even extending their anger to the larger hispanic community.

And then there is Christ. I feel so blessed to be a part of our small group at church. Last night, as we were discussing these recent events, Father Jeremy remarked asked where she was being held. Dan replied, at the Lyon County Jail. "Sounds like she needs a visit tomorrow," Fr. Jeremy murmured. Jennifer asked us all to commit to pray for her, which we agreed to.

So, please, just take a moment to pray for this woman who is hurting. She has to live with this guilt of being responsible for the deaths of four children for the rest of her life, and she is alone. And please pray for Fr. Jeremy that he will have the wisdom and compassion of Christ during his visit today.

Now's about the time for a fart joke. But let's hold off until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mary said...

of course! comic relief to lighten the mood! I have a new joke that is now up there with the, "What did the zero say to the eight?" ("Nice belt.") joke... but unfortunately, this one requires a verbal delivery. It will be a new favorite, i suspect.

Teresa said...

I just wanted to make one quick correction to your post - the woman's name is Olga Franco. They just found that out. I hope it's not rude to correct other people's posts.....
I can't wait for the fart joke!