Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blessed are we.

Truly, a gift from God.

Ana finally figured out how to "hold it" and is now potty trained (fingers crossed so hard my knuckles are bleeding).

And for the second day in a row, Toby has put himself down for a nap. I lay him down in our bed. He plays for 15 minutes and, conk, he's out. No pacifier, so special blankie, no nuthin. Well, I guess just being in our bed could be construed as a transitional object. But, whatever. I ain't complainin. Granted, two weeks ago, he couldn't go to sleep without being on top of me. So, things can change again very rapidly. But for now, I am truly relishing a small taste of relative freedom.

7 comments:

80's Music Rulez said...

Can Ana potty train Kaitlyn when we come down next month?

Ana Wambeke said...

Wait a second. Isn't Kaitlyn out of diapers already?

80's Music Rulez said...

Goodness no. She was further along last Fall than she is now.

Anonymous said...

Can Toby teach Bella how to peacefully fall asleep on her own??

Ana Wambeke said...

Char, maybe if he ever does it again! Today he was not about to let me leave the room until he was into deep sleep. Shoot!

mmc said...

Toby doesn't crawl off the bed? That is great! :)

Ana Wambeke said...

No, Toby doesn't crawl. Please God, we have a few more months before he figures that out!